Information about data protection
I. Approval of the processing of personal data
You declare your approval of the processing of your personal data to the extent specified below towards the responsible person according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
II. Responsible person
Responsible according to Art. 4 para. 7 General Data Protection Regulation is the
Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH)
Phone: +49 40 3190-0
Fax: +49 40 3190-5000
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please contact division O2 – Offshore Site Investigations, Email: email@example.com.
III. Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions about the data protection, please contact the official data protection officer using the functional email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. Purpose and legal basis
1. Your data, insofar as it is provided voluntarily by you, will be stored exclusively for the purpose of queries and feedback.
2. Your data will be processed on the basis of your consent in accordance with Article 7(1) DSGVO, to the extent that you provide personal information in the following questionnaire, in particular by entering your email address.
V. Personal Data
The following personal data will be processed if you provide them: Email address (in connection with the other answers), personal information in free text fields.
VI. Disclosure to third parties
Your data will not be passed on to third parties. In the event of dangerous situations (e.g. criminal offences), your personal data will be passed on to the security authorities.
Your personal data will be deleted after one year. At the same time, the BSH checks at regular intervals whether your personal data can be deleted at an earlier point in time, taking into account the purpose pursued.
VIII. Rights as an affected person
You have the right to request information at any time as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed at BSH. If this is the case, you have the right to be informed about this personal data and about the following information:
- the purposes of processing;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular in the case of recipients in third countries or international organisations;
- the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria for determining this duration;
If personal data concerning you are processed at the BSH, you also have the right to obtain:
- to obtain copies of all personal data concerning you which have been disclosed, subject to a reasonable charge for each copy after the first;
- under the conditions of articles 16 to 21 of the GDPR, to request the rectification, completion, erasure or restriction of the processing of personal data concerning you, or to object to the processing of such data;
- if they assume that there has been a breach of data protection regulations, the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority responsible for BSH (see point IX., Contact person).
IX. Contact person
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights to information, correction, deletion or blocking, please contact:
Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency
- Z1 -
Furthermore, you are welcome to contact the official data protection officer appointed by us at any time. He can be reached via the functional email address email@example.com.
The responsible data protection supervisory authority is the
Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI)
Graurheindorfer Str. 153
Phone: +49 228 997799-0
Fax: +49 228 997799-550